Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Yipee! I Have a Child!


Yipee! I have a child of my own! I now know how it feels to have a child, kinda. I feel the same happiness and contentment to see the picture of my child as how any mother would feel, without the burden though. Isn't she pretty? I have just sponsored a child through the child sponsorship program organised by WorldVision, a Christian relief organisation dedicated to working with families and children to overcome poverty and injustice (the kind of things I fight for).

My child's name is Fangsai, Jintana, 6 years old with 2 sisters. She hails from Prai Burng, a district in Sri Saket Province in the Northeastern Thailand. Prai Burng district comprises 6 sub districts with 80 villages and the population is 37,231. The villagers are mostly farmers and the average annual income per person is 13,612 baht (RM1,400 i.e. about RM116/month) . The major problems in this area are unemployment, low income and poor quality of life which indirectly creates a high migration rate as the villagers travel to other states to source for other income.

By contributing to this little girl, I help her family to be more self-sufficient and to provide the right education to the girl. I would hate to see the girl being illiterate just because she had to help her parents with their farming job for survival. Besides, this will go a long way towards helping them to pay for their medical expenses when she is sick and to have better food for her nutrition. I know it is not much but as least I will know that my contribution could help eleviate her burden no matter how little.

What I like about this program is that their objective of sponsoring these kids is not only to give a better life to the children but also to empower the community to build better health care systems, water reservoir for family consumption, to provide traning for personal development and to establish activity groups like housewife group and educational fund group. Once the community becomes self-sufficient, the program stops and they will move on to the next community.

Well, let's just say a litle kindness goes a long way. And what better way to do it than to have a kid to call my own! :) So go ahead and get a child of your own. 355 out of 5000 more waiting! Start changing a child's life today.

2 Bowed to the princess

  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger neil said…

    congrats! does your girl write to you? my mom sponsored a little girl some time ago (I think still sponsoring) and I think she wrote before :)

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger princessE said…

    Yes, I will write to her once I get her details. Just started but feels good alr. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home