Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Monday, March 28, 2005

Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

You know one of those days that everything seemed to go well and fall into place? Well, today is defnitely NOT one of those days. Today, things went wrong when it can and since I dod not read anything profound today, I will have to torture you with a day in my life.

I started the day with lemon jiuce. Bad decision! I always knew that taking lemon juice at the start of the day would increase my hunger pangs all throughout the day, yet I took it all the same. True enough, minutes later, my hunger struck resulted in me chomping down 2 large breads and some cookies for breakfast. Having those food at 1pm could have been considered brunch but due to my over-demanding tummy, I had to take lunch, dinner and even supper. There goes my balanced regime.

I was supposed to buy a hanpphone with my mom and decided to go to MidValley. Thinking that it will be hard to find a parking, we took the commuter in the heaviest of rains since god knows when. To make matters worse, upon arriving there, the doors to the shop was all down and to my amazement I saw the signboard informing customers of their closure. On a Saturday?!!!!

Having limited transportation, we had to go to a place reachable by commuter, knowing how cheapskate we are in paying an exorbitant taxi fare. So we decided to go Subang Parade accompanied by the cats and dogs pouring onto the ground. Matters became worse when at the interchange, the commuter was delayed due to some technical difficulties at the time when I am afraid the shop might be closed. Fortunately I called the shop just to make sure that it was opened before embarking on a long journey there.

Arriving at Subang Parade, we could not find the shop even though there are so many handphone shops greeting us at the entrance of the parade, deeming me to conslude that the signboards in Subang Parade were not the most reliable in the world or even Malaysia. Finally I found the shop but I'm glad I did as if I bought the phone in the shop in MidValley, I might not have gotten it at such a good deal. You see, because of the lesson learnt in MidValley, I called my bf to find out the number to the place and managed to talk to the owner of the shop. When the dealer found out that I know the owner, he was impressed and gave me such a huge price reduction and was extremely helpful. Of course working in Maxis under some well-known names helped. I'm also glad we ended up in Subang Parade or else I would not be able to buy my ring and shoes at such low prices, both cost me about RM10 only. Yipee! And I'm glad the train got delayed or my boyfriend would not have been able to pick me up form the shopping centre after his work and I would have to make the dreaded journey back by commuter.

When we arrived at Pantai Seafood Center for dinner, a lot of tables were fully booked and throngs of hungry tummies were waiting. I was in a hurry to get home and got a bit crancky. Late I'm glad I waited or else I would not have been able to taste one the tastiest crab, chicken and evcen vegetables in that famous restaurant. No wonder people flock to this reataurant like bees to flowers. I'm also glad I drank the lemon juice this morning or else I would have the increased appetite to savour the richness of the food.

The day was not great, and in one of the blogs I read, this is called a bood day (bad+good=bood) but the great things I gained out of the day far outweighs the bad encounters. So, every cloud INDEED has a silver lining. You just have to look at the bright side of things. :)

6 Bowed to the princess

  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger neil said…

    You have no idea the trouble I went through just to post this comment - I had to register as a blogger - and yes, it's a long, troublesome procedure (especially considering the fact that my trademark username 'eeleyeline' is not available!)

    Right. Comments on your blog. It's very nice and sweet. :) Keep it up. And write something about our old school. hehehe

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger princessE said…

    Thanks for the lovely comment. Sure, i'll dedicate one blog to reminisce on our old school days. Let me get my old school book out to post ur photos :P

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger priya said…

    Hee. I like the way you blog posts went from deep social commentary to the self-confessional day-in-my-life thing =)

    But seriously, nice blog =) More, more!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger princessE said…

    Thanks Priya. Hope to have more deep conversations....ahem...got so much in my mind...just no time to put in down

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi princessE
    this post came up when I searched for secret shopper so here I am. I came across a website http://shoppercompanies.com/ and was wondering if you had seen it before. It looks like a good deal but there are too many scam artists out there so I now tend to check out a site before joining. Anyone checked it out? Any comments would be appreciated.

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi princessE
    this post came up when I searched for secret shopper so here I am. I came across a website http://shoppercompanies.com/ and was wondering if you had seen it before. It looks like a good deal but there are too many scam artists out there so I now tend to check out a site before joining. Anyone checked it out? Any comments would be appreciated.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home