Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Pots Over Potter


She envisioned a boy who discovered himself to be a witch and going into a world different from our own, named us Muggles, created flying staircases and doors made of paintings, hats that talk and flying brooms used for competition. All these while travelling on a train one fine day. Imagine how bleak our world would be without an imagination like this. There is some good in dreaming after all.

J.K.Rowling had indeed created a society of readers among children and adults alike. So much so that children lined up since 4am in the morning just to be the first to get hold of the book. All over the world, orders that amount to millions have been taken for the supposedly last book in the series of Harry Potter. Amazing!

I remembered when I first read the book, oblivious to the actual storyline and found myself in a surreal world far beyond my imagination. All my worries flew away for that short while and I could not put the book down. I felt like a kid again. Reading the book reminded me of the times when I watched 'Never Ending Story' and 'Labyrinth' as well as reading some Roald Dahl's books. Would the 6th and final book bring back the same emotions I felt? Most would not say so lest a miracle happens. Saying that I would not allow any Harry Potter-critiques to spoil my fun. Till my next hibernation...seeing how thick the book is...it might be far days (gasp!)

0 Bowed to the princess

Post a Comment

<< Home