Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Saturday, July 16, 2005

What Is Your Comfort Food?


Above was the question posed by the loquacious duo of Rudy and JJ over Hitz.fm while I was driving to work just the other day. What would my answer be....Without a doubt, the population of females all over the world would have answered a resounding "chocolate!". I choose to be different and answered "Music!"

Yes, indeed music is my life and I could not imagine myself living without it. When I was working in Tower Records temporarily, I lived and breathed music and went with their mantra "No Music, No Life". On days when I feel life had let me down, I would turn to my ever reliable friend, my music. There are various music to match my mood and even music to make me feel sexy and fantasize of ahem...oh..la..la. I could not find anything else that could replace the sheer joy of penning down the lyrics of my favourite musics. Have you even heard of the lyrics from bands like Simple Plan, Goo Goo Dolls and Hoobastank. Relating to those words felt like a friend who understood everything that I was going through, and noone could ever replace that, except of course my best pals and boyfriend.

Now, back to answering the above question the normal way, I would choose ice-cream. I remembered the tubs of ice-cream I used to dig into at midnight, when i felt frustrated reading through the thick and heavy textbooks with languages that seem like Greek to me. I remembered the tall glasses of ice-cream I devoured till the last drop (ala Swensens) when I was feeling a certain emptiness at the pit of my stomach. I remember naming my favourite drink as milk shakes and nothing could beat the ever-faithful McDonalds strawberry milk shake that lift me from the dumps whenever I was down. As for today, I am suffering lactose intolerance due to my over indulgence in too many a good thing when I was young, not that I am that old now ;)

So, just today, I finally get to satisfy my cravings of having a tall cup of sundae with chocolate and caramel (yum, yum) in the serene surroundings of TGIF in Section 14. I relished every single bite and wished it would never end. But all good things had to come to an end. Which gave me the idea - why not open a restaurant that allows its customers to EAT MUSIC? Eat music? Huh? Yes, serve rice in a bowl that looks like drums, ice-cream in trumpet-shaped mugs and spoons in the shape of drumsticks. While eating, download as many songs as you like and who knows, you might just cure your emptiness at least till the next time you visit my restaurant :)

Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?
And somehow you just don't belong
And noone understands you


Do you ever wanna run away
Do you lock yourself in your room
With the radio on so loud
And noone hears you screaming
You don't know what it's like
When nothing feels alright
You don't know what it's like...to be like me....



Quoted from Simple Plan's "Welcome To My Life". They truly understand me ;)

5 Bowed to the princess

  • At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my comfort food is opiates.

    any kind, preferably methadone. ;)

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mashed potatoes, dammit.

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    [url=http://pdgtpxvz.com/uxam/xtwv.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://otihzjpr.com/jznk/ksdj.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site!
    http://pdgtpxvz.com/uxam/xtwv.html | http://rdatldjf.com/mknt/tebu.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home