Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Thursday, September 01, 2005

National Day: Tribulations of a Long Distance Relationship

I remember distinctively each year of my National Day celebration but the one that I could never forget is the one that I missed all the joy and glory in celebrating our nation's birthday with my (now) ex-boyfriend. Reason being I was having too much fun having a mini-celebration with my Malaysian friends in Melbourne, Australia. I was doing my final year studies there then. It was fun, enjoyable, so much so that I forgot how much it must have hurt if I was on the other side of the fence. To be waiting for the girlfriend to come online just to chat, to have noone to celebrate the special day with, to know that the one he loved the most is having fun somewhere in a distant country without his girlfriend by his side. I did not realise the harm I have done until he told me how enjoyable it was for him to hear the sounds of fireworks going off near his room all by himself.

I did not know then but I do now. And that is why I am tearing and watching fireworks all by myself this year. I understand now :(

2 Bowed to the princess

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger neil said…

    what happened to your current boyfriend? :P

    anyway.... happy birthday, old girl! :)

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger princessE said…

    Haha...didnt get to celebrate National Day together. Thanks pretty young girl, like me :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home