Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Friday, November 17, 2006

My brush wth Indonesia's Paris Hilton


She had the gait of a high flyer. The belt on her immaculate jeans coordinated with the color of her handbag. Her short bouncy hair is colored with streaks of blond. Her pert boobs highlighted the curves on her body which she showed off with tight white tanks. her porcelain smooth n fair complexion n chiselled face bordered with dangling earrings is a far cry from the normal skin most indonesians here have.

Yep, I thought that was bad until I was introduced to her friend, a barbie doll look-alike donning a flowery pearl dress that accentuated her heavenly curves. Her eyes were rounder than the full moon highlighted by kohl eyeliner with incredibly long curly eyelashes. Her skin is dewy and fair, signs of consuming sufficient nourishing food since birth. Her immaculate brown long straight hair bordered her chislled face beautifully covered with make-up tat I dun even know how to pronounce the brand.

Having driver chauffered me around with these girls and their white boyfriends 'mat salleh' they call it was not a norm for me. I have to admit I was not used to it esp when I see old woman and lads begging by the streets even knocking on car windows when there is traffic jam.

I arrived at the poshest shopping centre in jakarta where I was surounded by brands tat never even existed in kl with girls dressed in their latest brand names n trend styles. Dinner was at an elegant fashion café where I was watching tv with bulimic models strutting their skinny body n leggy build along the walkways n jumping ard swimming pools. How ironic to hv a café tat promotes skinniness while asking u to savour their delicious but calories inducing food n desserts. It was glamour with a capital G. the idea to watch movie whisked me to a grand walkway going towards a five star movie where you sit on reclining chairs and served by waiter who takes ur order for finger food and smoothies to keep you company throughout the movie splaterred across the largest plasma screen ciname with the best crispiest sound system I hv ever experienced. And tat was only for a lousy 'The Black Dahlia' seduced by josh harnett n scarlett johansson hitting it off during a boxing match abd ending with steamy hot sex on the dining table.

The next night brought me to another posh club where Kelly Rowlands from Destiny's Child was supposed to perform but got cancelled as there was a bomb threat when people heard that President George Bush is visiting Jakarta. The club called CJs was radiating wth opulence. It had been refurbished with curvy marble tables and parkling burgundy red chandeliers and deep red roses on every table. The girls are dressed to impressed but the highlight of the night definitely is when Kris Dayanti went on stage and conquered the stage. She was performing at her peak for someone who was called in last min to replace beyonce kowles. I thoroughly enjoyed the show but guess wat was indon's paris hilton remark when we got out of CJs, that the place was full of 'maids'. Well, for ppl who dressed like tat I can only imagine her, the high flyer hotel heiress with a wardrobe the size of a bungalow to complain.

How different it is to live on a monthly allowance of millions in rupiah, even though she is already not studying compared to most who only have 2 digit monthly allowance or salary. I do not envy her as she can't help being born with a silver spoon. On the contrary, I was formulating a strategy to make these ppl who only know how to pamper themselves to indirectly donate to the poor. Even 1% per month will be sufficient. Here begins my journey to fight poverty. :)

0 Bowed to the princess

Post a Comment

<< Home