Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween In Singapore


Tis' the day when ghouls and spirits walk the streets and are celebrated in merriment in Singapore. In muslim countries like Malaysia that do not celebrate the occasion in grandeur, with only a small minority of people acknowledging this celebration, Singapore celebrates Halloween in greater splendour. Just look at the promotions that go on during this celebration from decorating the restautants with scary images of devils and skeletons to people walking around with witch hats and devils horn, some even blinking. It was a celebration that was taken as an excuse to go out and party in Singapore given the little number of holidays they have here in this country.

I awarded myself to a nice dinner in a Halooweenish decorated restaurant called Fish & Co just to be able to try out their dessert called 'Tombstone'. Without a single clue of what the dessert will turn out to be, I entered the restaurat to be greeted with devils and angels serving me, waiting on me and serving me my food. yes, all waiters and waitresses are required in the nicest angel or devil costumes. Some customers even take the effort to dress up to get discounts on their meals with one particular notable customer who dressed up as Kolonel Sander, the creator of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) replete with walking sticks and white hair. It was such a hilarious scene.

I ordered 'tombstone' which was on offer only on Valentine's Day. It lasted for a few days but I had to try it only on the last day. The dessert is called so as it consists of a single scoop of vanilla ice-cream on cholcolate cookies, dripped with Hershey's Chocolate Syrup and Rasperry Cream. Yum yum.

So, if you want to have a great big Halloween celebration, come down to Singapore and you might befrightened by a human devil or 'The Mask'.

Till my next adventure, look at my photos.

0 Bowed to the princess

Post a Comment

<< Home