Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mortality and Living Life

Being aware of mortality makes us ask ourselves what is important in life - from Buddhism

Last few months, I have been seeing the doctors and dentists more than I see my own husband. This because I do not live with my husband and from the beginning of this year, I have been falling sick more often than so many years put together. Maybe my body is finally telling me that it is time for me to take better care of myself. That I have been torturing my body too much through rigorous work and exercise with very little sleep and food. Yes, work and achievements were my priorities for a really long time. The reason work is so important in my life is because it brings in the dough to feed my family, pay for mortgage and car. Achievement is the fuel that keeps me going everyday and makes everyday worth living.

Recently, I have been inundated with some sort of a bad news after I saw a doctor and it is only then that it dawned on me that the life I have been envisioning with money stashed up so that I can buy a nice home and start going for travels might not turn out after all. It is with the view of mortality that made me ask myself what is important in life. And I immediately knew. I will not be here. I will be in a country which I have always wanted to go but never had the opportunity to. I will start living life again. I will not live my life for others as this is what I am doing now. I can finally let go of my responsibilities and be free! I can now think for the present and not worry too much about the future. I will enhance my spiritual well-being by going to Tibet. I will climb more mountains as I know it gives me a natural high. I will not devour as much dessert as I can esp ice-cream and chocolate cakes which I have been controlling myself from doing so. I will speak to those in pain and tell them not to be afraid. Cos I am not afraid. In fact, I will live everyday like it is my last. Yet, it may really be.

Then, I think, what is stopping me from doing it now. Now, enjoy a song that speaks to everyone's heart.

Labels:

0 Bowed to the princess

Post a Comment

<< Home