Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Friday, March 14, 2008

A tribute to Child Prodigies and Geniuses


Music is all around you. All you need to do is listen.

So says the child prodigy in the movie 'August Rush' and I came out feeling 100 pounds lighter. U can't imagine a lot of load on my weight is due to stress at work and sometimes on relationships. I can be the thinnest person in the world but weight the most due to the burden I carry on my shoulder day in and day out. Well, back to the movie, August Rush is a movie abt love lost and found but more importantly the magic music can create in bringing love, unity and peace. It is abt an orphan boy seeking fo belonging while finding himself in music (since he is a music genius after all). The music he composed called August Rhapsody still give me goosebumps and made me feel human in this chaotic demanding world. Not many music can give me that effect with the execption of 'Gemilang' sang by our very own Malaysian Idol, Jacklyn Victor.

Watching this movie makes me reminisce on other movies of geniuses like 'Good Will Hunting' and 'A Beautiful Mind' where both have the protagonists not knowing they are geniuses and finding out through pure coincidence. Carrying enormous burden on their shoulders, they used their brilliance to escape from the harsh realities of life where they are isolated from the world, different from other human beings. It's not easy being a prodigy or genius as your 'freakness' is compensated by your brilliance noone can achieve. Well, the world is fair, but watch this and you will feel for them so much more.

0 Bowed to the princess

Post a Comment

<< Home