Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Sunday, November 18, 2007

An Escape to the Stars



Starlight, starbright,

The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may I wish I might,
Grant the wish I wish tonight.

And my wish was granted; a simple wish to catch Stardust on the big screen has been fulfilled (may I add for free, courtesy of Digi's movie coupons :). Having heard of the author Neil Gaiman but not knowing what I am in for, I did not realise that whole movie is about a star acted by my favorite actress, Claire Danes (of course, I grew up on My So Called Life). Have u ever wondered if the stars you see at night are actually real? Have you thought that maybe, just maybe that while you are staring at the stars, the stars are also staring back at you?

This movie does a great job in allowing you to escape into a fantasy world of fairies, witches, star angels, unicorns and flying pirate ships (isn’t that what movies are supposed to do?). By watching Stardust, I escaped to an enchanted world, so magnificent I did not expect a whole movie could revolve around a fallen star and its adventure on Earth. The star took the form of a beautiful girl names Yvaine. The most memorable part of the movie is when Claire Danes quoted this when she confessed her love to Tristan, the guy that was with her throughout her adventure on Earth.

'You might think I do not understand true love but I do. I watched it for years, centuries even. It makes watching all the wars and hatreds on Earth bearable. Love is unconditional. Love is so powerful it verges on loathe. But most of all love is selfless, it's when you feel that your heart does not belong to you anymore and you would not mind giving it to the person you love'.

Yep, I do think love is the most powerful weapon of all, with it, there be no wars and hatred. Beautifully spoken from the lips on a star. And I am not the only one who thought the movie rocks! :)

0 Bowed to the princess

Post a Comment

<< Home