Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Monday, December 09, 2013

Eliminated

My current favorite song at the moment as I am going through some very trying times. Sung by Eason Chan but written for him by non other than my favorite: Jay Chou. Thank God for packaging so much talent, emotions and wit into one person who is willing to present it to the world.

Eliminated (Tao Tai) 淘汰 
The meaning of this song is the singer loves a girl who does not reciprocate and chose to eliminate and forget about him. The song depicts how the singer struggles to understand why the girl did that but yet had to accept the brutal truth that he has been eliminated.



And this is how I feel right now:

I am sorry I have to use your pain to cover mine. I really don't know what else to do. I wish I could turn back time. Everytime I am down, I look for you. As I remember how you had comforted me when we were together. But you seem to not exist in this world anymore. Where are you? Sometimes, when I am lucky, you would come into my dreams. The mere presence of you comforts me. Your words meant even more to me than you know. Even though you did not utter those exact words, it feels like you are telling me that everything will be ok. And I would wake up smiling. 

Since we are not connected in this lifetime anymore, perhaps we can be lovers or siblings in our next life? I promise that I will look after you and care for you to make up for my hamartia. I promise that you will have a good and blessed life. I am sorry I left you frozen in the cold, drowned in your own dilemma and enveloped with loneliness. But in our next life, promise me that we will be together. For now, I can only wallow in my dreams hoping for your comforting appearance. 

Labels: , ,

1 Bowed to the princess

  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger neil said…

    Such is life... hang in there, Emily! No matter how difficult things become, they'll pass eventually :)
    Take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home