Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Warren Buffett - the next Santa Claus

Perhaps it’s the work of God. When Bill Gates copied and stole Apple’s ideas and make a fortune out of the supposed deal which was meant to be Steve Jobs’, God has a way of knowing that the fortune will be given back to the society. And when Bill Gates got his fortunes, he indeed did gave it back to the society via his Bill & Melinda Gates foundation, focusing on discovering a preventive AIDS vaccine, to prevent the spread of diseases like malaria in under-developed countries and providing education to the masses.


With the 1st richest man in the world focusing solely on philantrophy, it is about time for the 2nd richest man, in the world to do so. I do believe in karma: what you take from the society, you have to give back. And now that philantrophy is in trend what with Angelina Jolie making Ethiopia more visible to the world via her efforts as a United Nations ambassador and giving birth in Namibia instead of ijn a posh hospital, I am proud to say that an evolution has begun. Life is not purely about material gains. When you have enough material gains to last you a lifetime, you need that spiritual enrichment.


Perhaps that is what Berkshire Hathaway B stock in residual amounts of 5% a year. Does his contribution increase the price of his shares? I do not know. This remains to be seen as an objective of his gift but that would mean it is indeed the society giving back to the society which works fine by me. All the world needs now is a little more equality & love. :)

3 Bowed to the princess

  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger princessE said…

    I used to be like u in some ways too :P

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger neil said…

    "Used to be"? Meaning you've just turned generous?! Maybe you'd like to contribute to a charity I'm involved in.... heheh

    (We're having a charity preview of 'Pirates of the Carribean 2' this Saturday... if I knew you are so charitable, I would've forced 2 tickets on you! bwahahahah. Nvm, always a next time! *winks*)

     
  • At 12:02 PM, Blogger princessE said…

    I would have gone if I am still in Malaysia. Can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. But now that I am here, I will contribute mentally :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home