Shhh! Secret Life of a Princess

Random, provoking thoughts from a self-confessed princess :: with focus on motivational learnings from the media. I hope to inspire everyone to be the best they can be

Friday, September 01, 2006

My Achievements To-Date

I can finally say I am so proud of myself. I have gotten deals after deals for both writing and even business, so now I really can do something I enjoy on a part-time basis. This year has been a really great year for me in the sense that I got what I wanted and even more. Coming to Singapore alone was an experience by itself and those who have been keeping in touch with me know how happy I am. I have never regretted this decision, as it allows me to grow and learn at the speed of lightning. I admit that I have to make plenty of sacrifices along the way but sometimes that is the way life is. You can’t always only get everything good.

By the end of this year, I can compile a list of achievements and milestones in my professional life. Almost every month I achieved something new and gained new recurring income. Since I cannot wait till the end of the year, I will summarize my current achievements to date.

January 2006
Climbed to the top of Mount Kinabalu. Was one of the first girls to reach the peak before sunrise

March 2006
Got quite a good increment for someone who has been an Executive for the past 4 years in Maxis.

May 2006
- Got the offer to be promoted in Maxis Communications Bhd but rejected it due to the offer I accepted in MobileOne Singapore.
- Moved to Singapore to work as a Systems Analyst in MobileOne Ltd, handling the content management system. Learnt a lot of marketing strategies while suporting the ever demanding customers from the Marketing department. Hope to add my value so that when I do go back to Malaysia to work, I already have a very strong technical and business knowledge.

June 2006
Became the online blogger for MobileWorld.com.my

July 2006
Became the Chief Editor for Project:Senso (an online community for entrepreneurs in Asia, a side project I am working with my friends in Singapore)

August 2006
- Officially launched the revamped website of Project:Senso via a networking session in Sim Lim Tower, Singapore.
- Assigned as the liaison manager for Singapore projects for True Sense, a company set up by Oon Yeoh dealing with digital media, new media, publishing, online portals and film production.
P/S. Please contact me if you need services in content production on print, online or film. I will be pleased to negotiate the right deals to attract your right target audience. Take a look at Oon's podcasts here.
- Was asked to write in the column "The Explainer" for MobileWorld magazine

September 2006
Was given the deal to handle content management for a media & advertising company called MADisplays.

And all these achievements besides having a full-time job in MobileOne Ltd is really something to me. I know a lot of entrepreneurs out there have more but I am still working on the big picture. Now that I am getting more and more deals and exposure in the writing and media industry, one day when I am ready, I might just make the move. Else, I can always be a superwoman and handle multiple projects at the same time. Who says one cannot multi-task? Remember, no one can stop you from achieving what you want. It’s all in the mind.

6 Bowed to the princess

  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger amelyn said…

    Wow... pretty cool & impressive. ;)
    Congrats, ms Ng. ;)

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger princessE said…

    Thanks Sum Thing ;)

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good stuff and congrats!

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger adriene said…

    true indeed. i too believe that we are limited mainly by our minds, and not our bodies. there is so much we can achieve if we can just get it into our heads that it is possible, and you and i, we can make do it!

    keep up the living emily!

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger princessE said…

    Thanks Dt and Adriene. I am inspired by lots of ppl and heard from Oon abt your spirit and strength too.

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wau!! amazing arh!

    wau!! inspiring arh!

    Solute

     

Post a Comment

<< Home